Funny how the Tumblr nuts think that if the day comes for armed revolution I will be alone
There are alot of my military friends (some who are still active duty) that are not happy with the direction this country is heading. If the day comes when they are given the order to fire on civillians… what do you think will happen?
Lets just say the guns might not be pointed in the direction you would expect.
The complete lack of logic on this one is staggering. You jumped really quickly to “military firing on civilians” - aren’t there a couple hundred intermediary steps between “I strongly disagree with this” and “the military openly engaging the populace in de facto civil war”?
That being said, I bet a lot of those currently pondering their willingness “to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing end them” are really regretting their recent decisions to back how we classify “civilians” and “terrorists” right about now. In your own example - by what’s very likely your own definition - you wouldn’t be civilians any more - you would be domestic terrorists.
Remember those changes we made? You may have missed them - they happened over the past decade or so, while many of the people you’re currently mocking were busy opposing them. We were mocked then too, for being “pussies” and “terrorist apologizers” and other terms of the sort. Basically, we were vilified for understanding nuance and being unwilling to have a black and white view of the world that jumps really quickly to conclusions that may not be warranted or accurate.
If you’re doing the basic math, I bet you’re also sort of regretting letting the military and defense expenditures budget skyrocket as high as it has. I know you were all “Rah-Rah” and “I’m a fiscal conservative unless it’s line-itemed for
killing foreigners foreign intervention against militarily advantageous targets freedom” but those odds don’t exactly look good for you, even if a full 50% of the military revolts. That remaining 50% will be better supplied, better stocked, better armed, and better protected.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you’re gonna have to convince a full 80-90% of the currently enrolled and active military that what they’re being told are “domestic terrorists” are actually the good guys. Then you’ll have to convince them that some of their squad mates - the men and women they’ve trained, lived, and in many cases nearly died next to - are in league with those tyrannical bastards who deserve to die.
Also, you misspelled “civilians” and “alot” isn’t a word.
82 Notes/ Hide
- administrare-cantine likes this
- realisenothing reblogged this from squashed and added:
- climate-changing likes this
- silas216 reblogged this from squashed
- silas216 likes this
- serveonlythyself likes this
- anotherword likes this
- sosungalittleclodofclay likes this
- ca-thar-si-s likes this
- apostropartheid likes this
- tsuginojibun reblogged this from squashed
- lopnas reblogged this from machistado
- adamjtaylor likes this
- lawful reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- whitesupremacykilledthedinosaurs likes this
- thisisjamesj likes this
- binxbolling likes this
- rawkhawke likes this
- bensgrabbag likes this
- havissard reblogged this from machistado and added:
- matori reblogged this from ihavenoidea28 and added:
- how-tokissdistinctly-american reblogged this from jasencomstock
- how-tokissdistinctly-american likes this
- mattgorman reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- mattgorman likes this
- geekyjessica likes this
- twentysomethingfloater reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- j0ltc0la reblogged this from ihavenoidea28 and added:
- jbreazeale likes this
- zombiecuddle likes this
- j0ltc0la likes this
- coerciveleftfist likes this
- section9 likes this
- spytap reblogged this from americas-liberty and added:
- cordjefferson likes this
- poptartsinthetardis reblogged this from machistado
- ohhleary likes this
- squelephants reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- sarahlee310 likes this
- ihavenoidea28 reblogged this from machistado and added:
- titivil likes this
- kileyrae likes this
- shonilane reblogged this from invisiblelad and added:
- moorewr reblogged this from jasencomstock and added:
- doublejack likes this
- topherchris likes this
- duchampswag likes this
- englishprof likes this
- capnmidori reblogged this from squashed
- brevetcaptain likes this