Goodbye pumpkin spice latte. Forever.
Last year during this exact week, I wrote a blog titled, ‘Starbucks Disrespects Values Voters,’ calling out Starbucks’ CEO, Howard Schultz, for supporting a liberal political agenda that totally disregards the traditional values of many customers and staff members.
Another year gone by and Schultz has become even more extreme and intolerant. At Starbucks’ annual shareholders meeting, Schultz sent a clear message that he does not want the business of anyone who believes that marriage is a sacred covenant between a man and a woman, pointedly telling one such shareholder, ‘You can sell your shares in Starbucks and buy shares in another company.’ This outburst reportedly came right after Schultz stated he wanted to ‘embrace diversity of all kinds.’
He doesn’t want our business. Schultz statement isn’t tolerant. It is prejudicial and bigoted. So where are the newspaper headlines reading, ‘Starbucks CEO Refuses Pro-Marriage Supporters Service,’ which is exactly the message his statement conveys?
What’s next, Starbucks? Two separate drinking fountains for liberals and conservatives or ‘now hiring’ signs reading, ‘Heterosexuals Need Not Apply’?
Considering that there are twice as many conservatives as there are liberals, Schultz should have heeded my warning a year ago. In fact, during this year’s meeting, conservative shareholder Tom Strobhar admitted that after the company voiced its support for same-sex “marriage” in Washington state, the company saw a drop in profits.
So in the end, Schultz is only tolerant of approximately 2 percent of America’s 300 million citizens who live homosexual lifestyles. I do not hold an MBA, but I do remember that 4th grade arithmetic teaches us that the profits made from 2 percent are less than the profits from 98 percent.
I’ve already dumped Starbucks. I prefer Dunkin’ Donuts, anyway.
Concerned Women for America media strategist Chelsen Vicari (via afterelton)
LOL - they really think this stuff is true, don’t they?
This person is their MEDIA STRATEGIST.(via daveholmes)
Yes, people defined by their illogical beliefs continue to be bad at logic. Asking for reason from a bigot is like asking for calculus from a pigeon - you’ll just get frustrated and they’ll remain oblivious.
880 Notes/ Hide
- gentlemoss reblogged this from sexgenderbody
- viciousink3 reblogged this from thebacklot
- mayelisa reblogged this from curieousdreamer
- valkyries-bane reblogged this from jadelyn
- idontspeakmonkey reblogged this from yakotta
- yakotta reblogged this from myvisagewasted
- whatareyougoingtodowithyourlife likes this
- cardcaptorswagkura reblogged this from myvisagewasted
- myvisagewasted reblogged this from thebacklot
- flatteredfrustrated likes this
- plainliz reblogged this from scooterpiebanana
- plainliz likes this
- lizjamesbitch likes this
- ethiopienne likes this
- scooterpiebanana reblogged this from lostgrrrls
- henrybeerbohmtree likes this
- peaty likes this
- deliajones likes this
- zombiecaptain likes this
- loni-del-rey reblogged this from azzandra
- azzandra reblogged this from pfdiva
- cigarsunderwater likes this
- pfdiva reblogged this from lettersiarrange
- ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan reblogged this from lettersiarrange
- lettersiarrange reblogged this from rhazade-waterbender
- theneverendingrandomness likes this
- nopejuststop reblogged this from second-rate-handjobs
- babysbreathflower reblogged this from ember-light
- ember-light reblogged this from twofacedjanus
- second-rate-handjobs reblogged this from whereisthebepis
- storyweaverkirea likes this
- whereisthebepis reblogged this from twofacedjanus
- whereisthebepis likes this
- twofacedjanus reblogged this from wook77
- wook77 reblogged this from thebacklot
- pyrae reblogged this from foundorfollowed
- spillyrhead likes this
- candiedcastigation reblogged this from lostgrrrls
- endwealth likes this
- foundorfollowed reblogged this from lostgrrrls
- underglass likes this
- sailorlollirot likes this
- lostgrrrls reblogged this from karnythia
- estrellaesperanza reblogged this from waycoolhacky
- waycoolhacky reblogged this from inothernews
- perkieandmowgli likes this
- after-the-fair likes this
- mostlygoesastray reblogged this from karnythia
- travellark likes this